Saturday 21 October 2017

How To Cut Up Pumpkin

 
One day while surfing the Internet I happened to stumble across a forum where many people were lamenting how hard it was to cut up a whole, large pumpkin.  I've noticed over the years many people have a problem with this, especially those who have less strength and flexibility in their hands for various reasons.

Years ago I decided to cut up a pumpkin with an axe.  I was young and reckless, what can I say?   It worked fine but it was a bit - well, rough too.  Then I suddenly hit upon a better idea - the meat cleaver!   It worked like a charm.

Simply put down a good solid chopping board if you are using the kitchen bench, place your pumpkin on it, take your meat cleaver and with a handful of short, sharp chops you will have your pumpkin cut up in no time at all.  So clean, so simple, so fast and so stress free!  Of course if you have a wood chopping block this is also a perfect place to chop up your pumpkin.

If you use a good and sharp meat cleaver this works well even if you do not have particularly strong or flexible hands. 

No comments:

Post a Comment